CODE Consortium for System Leadership and Innovation
The following new resources will be of interest to our members.
The Spiral Playbook
Leading with an inquiring mindset in school systems and schools
Produced by C21 Canada – Canadians for 21st Century Learning and Innovation – The Spiral Playbook offers a framework for system and school collaborative inquiry with learners at the centre.
Link to Spiral Playbook.
The CODE Consortium is committed to mobilizing knowledge about system leadership and innovation. One component of that commitment is to share articles, videos, blogs and books that inform and inspire. Please visit us often to see what members and colleagues are sharing.
- Leadership from the Middle Blog from Dr. Lyn Sharratt
Link to Dr. Sharratt's Blog.
- Andy Hargreaves' (with Mel Ainscow) article from the Kappan entitled “The Top and Bottom of Leadership and Change” based on work in England and Ontario.
Link to “The Top and Bottom of Leadership and Change”.
- More on Professional Capital, read the new Journal of Professional Capital and Community, -Emerald Publishers (free downloads for the first year) at:
Link to the Journal of Professional Capital and Community.
- The 2015 OECD Review of Scotland's Curriculum for Excellence featuring Leadership from the Middle especially in Chapters 3 and 4.
Link to the OECD review.
- Michael Fullan's article about Leading from the Middle in Education Canada
Link to Michael Fullan's Leading from the Middle article.
- Unleashing Learning: Conversations with TDSB Director John Malloy, May 2016
Link to conversations with John Malloy.
- TED Talks playlist on inspiring leadership.
Link to inspiring leadership on TED Talks.
The following recent publications reference the work of the CODE Consortium and Leading from the Middle.
- Hargreaves & Fullan (2012) Professional Capital: Transforming Teaching in Every School
- Hargreaves, Boyle & Harris (2014) Uplifting Leadership: How Organizations, Teams and Communities Raise Performance
- Hargreaves & Shirley (2012) The Global Fourth Way: The Quest for Educational Excellence
- Fullan (2015) Freedom to Change: Four Strategies to Put Your Inner Drive into Overdrive
- Kirtman & Fullan (2016) Leadership: Key Competencies for Whole-System Change
- Fullan & Quinn (2016) Coherence: The Right Drivers in Action for Schools, Districts and Systems
- Fullan (2016) The New Meaning of Educational Change – Fifth Edition
CODE Special Education Leadership Project
The CODE Special Education Leadership Project began in 2005 and provided provincial, regional and district leadership to support the transformation of special education programs and services. Resources developed throughout the project are available at www.ontariodirectors.ca/spc_ed_leadership.html